Wednesday 3 July 2019

journey to 500th

Pin It now!
A journey that started due to limitations of pinterest and continued to this 500th blog post! And this simple edging symbolises that journey - from sketch to lace.  
I'd dabbled in some paintings & doodles in MS Paint, but this was my first 'tatting diagram’ in July 2014. 
2014 was the year when I transitioned from traditional tatting to learning 'new' techniques,  methods,  experimenting,  consolidating,  applying, .... Help, encouragement and inspiration came from InTatters (now Craftree), tat-alongs, & numerous online resources including blogs. And later the Online Tatting Classes (including Design Class) & now facebook. Numerous individuals left their mark and continue to do so, many of who have become friends, diligent readers, and commenters. A truly satisfying journey in all respects.

So, the sketch remained only as my personal eye-candy, not knowing how to estimate stitch count and realise into tatting. (The original got lost in a crash but luckily I had this printout.)
In 2016 tatters were making those Concentric Rectangles doilies and I remembered this diagram. Was it similar and if not, could it be adapted similarly? Eliz Davis backed me enthusisatically and offered to test And make the entire mat as soon as I finalised it. 
This is what I did in July 2016. You can see it in this Nov ’16 collage.

Another 3 years had to pass before I picked it again on realising that my 500th post was round the corner!!! Okay, the July is purely coincidental, but it also happens to be the month I landed on earth! And 'muskaan' is a moniker I adopted due to trolling fears, but most of you privately know my real name. After so many years interacting with this lovely community I would reveal my name, but now I'm happy with the moniker which means 'smile' :-))))

500 posts in  years. Filled with so much of my learning journey from a transitional newbie to 'teacher' and ‘designer’, accepting and thriving on personal challenges. What started out as a blog of many things soon converged into tatting for lack of time, with only a smattering of other interests. And yet not everything has seen the blogging light! 

As a thank you, I dedicate this to the generous online tatting community and all my readers. The name was aptly suggested by Anita Barry (along with a few other wonderful options). I’m still working on the possibilities and will share patterns along the way.

Blogging has sustained and satisfied me in almost all spheres and roles. I hope you continue to journey with me, spicing up my blogging life :-) I regret not taking the name of every individual who touched and affected my tatting path but please know that you have become part of my treasured tatted lace.

Thank you, with a muskaan  J
ZYZ

28 comments:

  1. Thank you for all the posts and patterns. I have enjoyed them all and look forward to many more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pleasure is just as much mine, Sam :-))) Thanks

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your 500th post! Thanks for sharing your interesting tatting journey with us and contributing to the progress of tatting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have learned from you, too, Jane, and enjoyed your company :-))) Thanks

      Delete
  3. Húúú de jó színösszeállítás! nagyon szép a minta!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the design, Vera :-)0 I will be sharing it shortly.

      Delete
  4. Thank you, for those 500 pills of smiling tatting that you've shared with us! Congratulations! 🎂🎉🎉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And here's another large muskaan for you, Ninetta :-D Thanks

      Delete
  5. congratulations on the 500 post,
    I love this new design of yours, it makes a lovely bookmark, hope you will share the pattern if and when

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember your initial tips when I was starting this blog, Margaret :-))) Thanks
      Yes, I will share this pattern soon.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on the 500th post! And happy birthday as well, for when that day comes!
    I'm glad your tatting wisdom has grown so much along the years and even more that you have shared so much of it with us! You have definitely inspired and taught a lot of people too, including myself. I think the nickname you chose for yourself is a perfect description of your personality :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lavi, you have brightened my days with your sweet comments and your poetry/writing :-))) Thanks

      Delete
  7. Gratuluję 500 postu,piękne prace robisz,dziękuję że się dzielisz nimi :)
    Pozdrawiam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so stimulating to meet and learn from this online community of which we are a part, Maryla :-))) Thanks

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on your 500th post. I've learnt so much from you, and admired your designs from the very first day I discovered your blog. Huge, HUGE thank you :-)))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always appreciate the time and effort taken to leave a comment, not to mention how it brightens my day & my journey, craftie sylvie :-)))
      Thanks

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. I can always rely on a nice comment from you, Sue :-))) Thanks

      Delete
  10. Po prostu fantastyczne! :)
    Pięknie kolorowe akurat na lato. :)
    Pozdrawiam ciepło.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you like it, splocik :-))) Happy International Lace Day

      Delete
  11. I love that design and have enjoyed so many of your posts especially those long detailed ones that I know took a while to write. Congratulations on reaching 500.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally someone who loved my long posts ;-P Thank you, Bernice, and have a happy Lace Day.

      Delete
  12. Congratulations, muskaan! It's been a pleasure to participate in your development, and to watch you share with others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judith, you have shaped my approach and presentation to a huge extent, even though I am still not up to mark :-) Your tatting remains an inspiration! Thanks

      Delete
  13. Many congratulations on your 500th blog post! :-) It's great to know how tatting has blessed your life, and in turn you have blessed so many others. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, Grace, and you have been a constant throughout that journey :-)
      Thanks

      Delete
  14. Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your wisdom, thoughts, discoveries and photos! WOuld that I could toast you with a cup of tea......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sitting here with a full cuppa, Mel, and my cup of joy runneth over :-) I've loved your presence in the online class as well as the lovely music you create through your words and lace. Thanks

      Delete