Saturday 31 August 2019

life without Ts

Pin It now!
Nearly the entire month of August has passed by without my favourite Ts....
Typing (on proper keyboard for blogging, pattern writing, ...)
Tatting (one full fortnight without, and then some !!!)
Tunes (no breath to spare for the extra movement required to switch on my fm)
Tea (my cuppas taste like dishwater - or what I Think the latter taste like 😄).

Thankfully, one T kept me connected when I wanted - my Tablet.
I didn't want August to slide by with just 1 post! When was the last time it happened?!

I've already shared these on facebook to some good reactions....

1. Rakhi 2019. 
This year Raksha Bandhan fell on the 15th. I had assembled with Budding Dahlia Snowflake with a calyx (which later became the Starlet in previous post), bead, and string.
In lower half, the middle petals are raised up for 3D effect.

2. Peacock in the Snow flake
This is a prototype of my 8th snowflake for Land Of Laces' 25 Snowflake Project. I'm going to try adding another round in white to symbolise snow. I uploaded as is so as not to miss out on another Sunday!
I've been a good girl in this project, right, using only regular techniques.  It was time to play .... this one has treble tatting stitch with variation,  giving rise to the serrated outline.

3. Summer Rose Snowflake
This has a very long and interesting evolution (that story for another post),  and I am finally happy with the outcome. 2 versions - one with overlapping, interlaced arms, while the maroon one is flat. Where one is more organic, the other brings out the design better. 
This is counted as Snowflake #9 for the project.

It's Sunday again tomorrow, and I hope to have something for snowflake #10!

All patterns will be shared when I am strong enough to spend time at the desktop. 
Till then, happy tatting .... 💜💙💛💚

14 comments:

  1. Glad to see you posting again, I trust that means you’re feeling a lot better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feel like a yo-yo, Jane 😄😆😃

      Delete
  2. Nice reading from you again! Anybody needs a little rest from time to time, silence and moving at a snail's space. But it looks like you weren't completely idle :-) Lovely snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're starting to feel better again. I hope that very soon you will be feeling GREAT, not just 'better.' Love the tatting, especially the dahlia. Pretty colors, lovely designs....
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie, Lizbeth colours always seem to stand out as in the dahlia 😄

      Delete
  4. Glad to see you but take your time and be careful. We’ll wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice post. :)
    If you want to follow each other, write me on my blog. :)
    https://belyfashionadress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see your tapping your fingers on your tablet and letting the shuttle fly a bit. Surely hope you are progressing toward feeling 100%. I look forward to your activity. Wishing you healing energy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these projects are fabulous and I love your color choices!!! :)
    Make sure not to over-do so you can get completely well!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so very much everybody -- your comments Always make my day(s) 💗💖💗 Love you 🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please take your time to get better. Love the patterns but you're more important. There is no rush.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely tatting! Take time to heal. Tatting and patterns can wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane. Weaning away the meds/procedures is taking such a looong time - 2 months and I'm still not on track, though healing.

      Delete