Tuesday 27 September 2022

palm or plant - help

Pin It now! I'm in a quandary ... can't see the wood for the trees kind of..... and would appreciate your input.

If you remember (https://tipsaroundthehome.blogspot.com/2022/09/idea-in-progress.html ), I had extracted and adapted the pea pod motif from Endrucks' pattern #25 to make fronds for a palm tree. I also had most of the layout in my head, barring the minute details.

I have 6 fronds and the question is whether I should continue with the Palm Tree idea or switch to a Snake Plant?
PALM  TREE?
or
SNAKE  PLANT ?

Please help me decide. At this stage hubby thinks it looks like a snake plant, and I agree with him. However going ahead I see the palm tree take shape, too.


Over 10 days back I had shared this collage in our FB group -
The 4th frond (below) looks like a banana, doesn't it? Or an orange slice. Or when arranged together, it could well shape into a pumpkin! 
Inspired by this, one of our members has tatted a pair of sweet peas and carrots which will be shared here once the event is over.
Stephanie W really got the creative juices flowing with her harvest theme idea! Thank you 💕



12 comments:

  1. Do both. The palm tree would have fewer fronds than the snake plant and be to a different scale, wouldn’t it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Jane, but do I have the time to .... the will is there, but no way 😁🌴🔆

      Delete
  2. I like both! Well, I like your ideas. And they do get my creativity going. Too bad I'm overloaded with projects and can't sit down and tat those ideas up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So long as your creative juices are flowing, Mel, let them chart their own course 😁🔆🌴

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. That seems to be the overwhelming majority (I asked on FB, too), Crazy Mom 😁🌴🔆

      Delete
  4. Both options are great. With a long brown trunk, this would be the perfect palm tree. A snake plant in the form of a bush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Elena 🌴🔆😁 Wish I had the time to make everything . Let's see...

      Delete
  5. I agree with other comments, both are great options. The palm needs the trunk though. The plant is already there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or perhaps the plant needs a pot 😁🌿🔆 It's going to be a palm - going with the flow of the polls and my original layout 🤣

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks, Sam🌱🌿🌱 Now hunting around for time 😄

      Delete