Tuesday 25 October 2022

sunny palms

Pin It now!

 Been a while and I don't get too much time to tat. What time I get is often divided between other projects. So this tree has been taking it's time to grow. And since the individual motifs were getting difficult to manage, I have finally glued them in the formation that looks best.

Mind you, I glued each motif only at one tip, leaving plenty of play for any later adjustments.
I have made a couple more fronds but that's for another day.
Also, there is a lot more I want to do before I 'complete' the game. The coconuts are still to make an appearance ;-D  I have a whole scenery planned from extracted motifs. Oh, but I did share this sun a while back -
This motif is deliberately made with 5 Anchor embroidery strands in 2 shades, and 1 metallic thread strand. There could've been 2 metallic strands for more shine.

This is the 3rd motif extracted from Endrucks' pattern #25. More extractions in the works.

Meanwhile we've had some awesome extractions in the group, including 3D!

Related Posts -

11 comments:

  1. This palm tree is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t think the palm tree needs more fronds, looks excellent, especially with the different shades of green. Love your bright yellow sun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastico ❤️👍👋

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Ninetta, Elena, Jane, and Anonymous 🔆🌴🧡🌴🔆

    ReplyDelete
  5. The palm tree looks wonderful. The sun looks nice, too - just 'enough' shine without being too much, I think. (You don't want TOO much sunshine - you'll get sunburnt.) :-D
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do make a valid point about the shine, Steph 🤣🤣🤣

      Delete
  6. I love your palm tree, its a lot of work as those leaves do take a little to tat, as I found out, and your sun is lovely, I have used them as flowers, thats something thats taking shape. we could do with some sunshine its raining yet again at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending you sunshine and the leaves can act as a sunshade, Margaret 😄🌴🧡

      Delete
  7. Fabulous palm tree and sunshine!!! :)
    I can't wait to see your vision completed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue, wish I had time to finish it quickly ☺️ But I shall persevere 💗

      Delete