Thursday 15 September 2022

idea in progress

Pin It now! When we opened the new game for September (https://tipsaroundthehome.blogspot.com/2022/09/game-of-extraction.html), I wasn't sure I'd be able to participate myself. However after finishing off a few tasks on my list, I was suddenly energized by an idea, by a mental image, and got right down to work. 
Do you see what I see? Do these motifs work as palm tree fronds? These are the first 3 each one different, with quite a few more to make in a darker shade, perhaps even a 3rd shade.

The trunk will incorporate another extraction of block tatting motif.
At this stage I have no idea how far I will be able to progress towards a composition or scenery ...

This is the original motif from Endrucks' pattern #24 and #25.
Pattern #25 now updated -

My imagination swirled with possibilities with merely this pea pod motif(s) -
  • Dragon fly wings
  • Angel or Butterfly wings
  • Thatched roof
  • Flower petals - colour, number of petals, single or multiple layers will determine what flower emerges.
  • Gown
  • Bow (for neck or hair)
  • Flying bird ...........
What do You see or imagine? 

My intention was to work the fronds continuously if only I hadn't been lazy at the beginning ;-P I had wound one shuttle full with 3 strands of Anchor embroidery floss, pulled out a yard or so for CTM and worked only with that one shuttle using direct tatting, etc. 
Anyways, I'm happy for doing them separately - gives me more flexibility to arrange them later.

I am thoroughly enjoying this somewhat free-style winging after what seems like ages of structured tatting. Very relaxing and quick to tat.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Absolutely, Jane, and this is limited to only my tame imagination 🪶🦋🌴

      Delete
  2. It would be fun to use these as part of autumn decoration - make a collage of fruits and vegetables to represent 'harvest.' First thing I saw was peas in a pod when I saw the picture. Wonder if you could elongate something to make carrots.....? :)
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peas in a pod were the first thing to strike me (in my earlier post) but my imagination didn't stretch to a fruitor veggie basket. LOVE the idea, Steph ❤️In fact the 4th frond I finished tonight looks like a banana or an orange slice! Oh, my mind is brimming with images now 😃 How about a feather, a caterpillar, .....
      And yes, why not a 🥕

      Delete