I started this as part of Dorothea’s
The Trailing Hearts Pattern requires 2 shuttles & a knowledge of Split Rings, SLTs & Slope & Roll Join. (If you haven’t tried any of the techniques used in the patterns, simply Google for tutorials, or write to me in case of difficulty)
My first attempt at making earrings. I haven’t been able to read up on tutorials yet, so the earring hook insertion may require some learning & experience.
- For the very 1st heart Only, after making closing R1, make a very very small picot before starting the 15 chain. I have indicated this with a U-pin inserted through that vvsp, as seen in adjoining pic. However, this vvsp is Optional, as one can join to the base of the ring later.
- Each heart in the bookmark is basically made up of repeats of the heart pattern .
- Each heart consists of a sequence of normal ring (R-A), long arched chain, split ring (SR-B), short chain , repeated to desired length …. Then return back with an SCMR, split ring (SR-C), & long arched chain joined to base of R-A, short chain, SR-C & so on till we reach back to the 1st heart & join the chain to the base of R-A or to the very very small picot.
- Thus this sequence is ‘split vertically’ in order to make a column of hearts in one pass, returning to complete the missing half (viz. short chain, SR3 & long chain).
- Then one continues to make the tail & the single heart charm.
Note : The diagram shows only 2 hearts - the 1st & last. However, repeat the pattern for as many times as desired Between these 2 end hearts .