Saturday 26 October 2024

done

Pin It now!

 Done for now, to be clear. And not because I've tired of it. Au contraire, it is just too enticing, distracting, and addictive. I want to simply sit and tat this, and ignore all other tasks, including a couple with deadlines. So, done for now, threads unwound from shuttles and back in their respective boxes. And my apologies to my tatting buddy Anita, for leaving it here. I do hope to pick it up again some time next year.

In Anchor Pearl cotton size 8, it measures about 7cms across.
This was completed several days back. It's taken me this long to take pics and prepare a post.

At this stage I am calling it my Sunflower version. Going forward, it might become a dahlia or chrysanthemum with more colours being added.
I followed Patty's diagram again, alternating the 2nd join between the inner scallops. Later realised that the original doily throughout had a single join between the inner scallops, not alternate. By then I had already completed 2 whole repeats (4 scallops each), hence went ahead as before. Not that it shows either way at least in my version. 

How does it Always happen?! The one slice I chose for the close-up is the one where I missed a join in round 1, LOL. I missed a join in round 2, too, and also a 2ds chain segment. However, it was easy to ignore the first and for the second, I inserted a fine hook through the 'hidden picot' (viz, through the stitch) for a join. Can't even locate where this all happened. Dr Downplay zindabad!
  
I wish there was more of the chrome yellow rather than the yellow ochre in this model, but I was going from a light to dark shade using whatever I had in my stash. And the brown could've been a a couple of shades lighter if only I had enough.

My intention is to use two shades of orange then two shades of red for the remaining four rounds. I could repeat the same yellows, but that would become kind of boring ;-P
What do you think of the colour scheme?

Oh and I had updated my previous post with the completed round 1, but here's the pic again in case you missed it - 

Many thanks to Jon Yusoff for hosting the TAL. Don't know when I'll be back to complete this.

This mini-doily or coaster is my October submission to splocik's Small Decorations game. Only two months left and I still have so many ideas/projects I could submit! It's been a fun game for sure and will definitely look forward to joining again if splocik hosts it in 2025.
Check out the range of creativity and crafts for September here -https://splocik2.blogspot.com/2024/10/male-dekoracje-2024-galeria-wrzesniowa.html

10 comments:

  1. Beautifully-colored project Muskaan. You’re so kind to invite me to tat with fb site “Georgia’s Mystery Doily”. Thank you Jon for creating the fb site! This is a pattern I thought would always baffle me. It’s very repetitive and addicting! I want to keep tatting it! As ugly as my variegated thread Mystery Doily is, I want to keep tatting the pattern! Cheers, Anita Barry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally second your sentiments, Anita! 💕Despite the repetition, this doily requires some mindfulness which is what makes it addictive and the reason I had to press the pause button. ;-D

      Delete
  2. I like the sound of your colour scheme for future rounds. When you get to them. In the meantime it looks great as is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane 💖 I think switching the darker shade to the odd rounds and lighter to the even ones will brighten up the doily ;-D

      Delete
  3. Piękna frywolitkowa serweteczka słonecznikowa. :)
    Będzie cudna, gdy ją rozwiniesz o kolejne okrążenia.
    Twój link i fotka znajdą się w podsumowaniu października.
    Miło mi, że bawisz się u mnie. :)
    Pozdrawiam ciepło.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, splocik 💗 I might have one more submission for October, if you don't mind :-D

      Delete
  4. Your doily is beautiful! I think the colours are nice and I like the contrast with the brown. Some projects are just so addictive and fun, aren't they? :) I hope you can get more time for it in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish the shades were inverted, though, Lavi. A brighter yellow on the outside. What was I thinking, LOL. And yes, I do intend to return to it in future! 🧡

      Delete
  5. Beautiful colour scheme, yes I fully understand the addiction 🥰! I love this doily and all the memories my version brings me up! Many thanks to Jon for the TAL, I enjoy looking at all the beautiful doilies in fb 🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so interesting to see how colours change the highlight of the doily, Nin, among the numerous versions! I'm going to try your derived square as well. 🧡

      Delete