Friday 7 January 2022

hearty round robin

Pin It now!

 ...well, kind of. His Kid was inspired by my design within pattern forays, the latest being 3 possible hearts from Endrucks' doily #37 that I shared here - https://tipsaroundthehome.blogspot.com/2021/12/cupping-hearts.html She quickly belted out 3 trials from Mary Konior's Josephine edging - http://hiskid66.blogspot.com/2022/01/mary-koniors-josephine-edging-inspired.html

In turn, this spurred me to pick up my shuttles and attempt my own trials in whatever time I could muster. Being tiny I managed them both today itself. 

I chose to start with the 2nd encircled pattern from my earlier post since it was the smallest and would be quick to tat. Not bad, but not happy, either with my work.
3 cms wide and 2.75 cms high

Wondering how it would look without the spilt rings, I tried a variation -
Again, this needs better working (it is not blocked, either, just off my shuttles). But I like this version better with clean lines.
2.75 cms wide and 2.5 cms high

What do you think? Which do you prefer? Or would you like patterns for both? Any suggestions for improvement?
Worked in Anchor size 20 (equivalent to Lizbeth size 10). 

Future Idea - I have yet another idea - add a split ring at the side of the variant and repeat the heart and SR to create a round ring of hearts, all in one pass! Will have to work out how many hearts would form a complete circle.
And as I had hinted here - https://tipsaroundthehome.blogspot.com/2021/12/a-future-perhaps.html , I 'inaugurated' my new sketch book with these sketches :-D

Thanks, Sue, for getting me out of my stupor and joining this fun exploration 💖

8 comments:

  1. Nice little hearts! My favourite is the second heart, without the split rings. It can be repeated in a circle but I wonder if the hearts will still be visible or not... to be tried!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nin 💖 If there is only 1 SR separating them, and no other linkages, I think the heart shape should be intact. Let's see 😃

      Delete
  2. They are great!! :) I like the one with the split rings on the side, but if I was to try one it would end up being the 2nd since I am lazy and hate using 2 shuttles if I can avoid it. ;) But then again, my liking of the other would probably make me get out 2 shuttles. Oh well, back to the task of making the bottom of my 3rd heart look right!! ;)
    Happy tatting Muskaan!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hadn't realised your non-preference, Sue 😜💖
      Made 2 more versions today which I think are an improvement. Will post tonight

      Delete
  3. The second is more classic, but I like the first one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane 💖 I like clean lines, too, but have added picots in today's version. Let's see what the verdict is 😁

      Delete
  4. Both are great, but I like the version with split rings more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marja 💖 Love all the feedback that has been shared 💞

      Delete