Tuesday 16 April 2024

gaming bookmark

Pin It now!

 An insertion as a bookmark is my entry for the two 2024 games I am playing.

Main body is from 'Tatting Techniques' by Elgiva Nicholls (p27, 1976) and the charm is from Rebecca Jones (fig123, 1985).

I have too many variegated Lizbeth, mostly with shades of pink/magenta. Difficult to always use for fear of eclipsing the pattern. But I took the leap and it came out okay I think. Lizbeth size 20. 

Learning from my past experience, where my chains are usually tighter/shorter than vintage patterns, I increased the chain stitches beforehand and it worked out well.

Pearl Tatting tail for the bookmark using Anchor perle cotton size 8. I didn't use any picot gauge since my main aim was to enjoy uninhibited tatting on International Tatting Day, 2024.
In order to avoid sewing in ends, I ended with two heavily picoted folded rings, hiding the other colour within each.
Pearl tatting is one of the blocks in Natalie Rogers' PICOT Bingo game which you can join here - https://www.patreon.com/posts/picot-bingo-95729145?  This is my fifth submission so far. Need to speed it up a notch!

The tail was attached to the #123 medallion from Rebecca Jones , shared here - https://tipsaroundthehome.blogspot.com/2024/03/happy-itd-2024.html

Turning an insertion into a bookmark is nothing new or unique. Bookmarks, being short, are a good way to enjoy a pattern with a different use. 
The large rings are linked through a common picot. I think the colours are doing fine together.


And the bookmark is also my entry to splocik's Small Decorations game that was first announced here - https://splocik2.blogspot.com/2024/01/mae-dekoracje-galeria-grudniowa.html
She shared the March entries here - https://splocik2.blogspot.com/2024/04/mae-dekoracje-2024-galeria-marcowa.html

Many thanks to all mentioned here for lovely patterns and fun games!

7 comments:

  1. Lovely entries to the games and challenges! I think the variegated threads add a bit with how the colors pool. Well played!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the variegated thread worked fine. I like the use of small rings in the pattern, a good twist. A bookmark can be a good way to try out a pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the variegated thread is amazing in this work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wspaniała zakładka z ogonkiem - kwiatkiem. :)
    Świetna kolorystyka i te małe kółeczka dodają uroku temu wzorowi. :)
    Twój link i fotka znajdą się w podsumowaniu kwietnia.
    Pozdrawiam ciepło.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Mel, Jane, Marja, and splocik! 💕💕💕 It is heartening to know you like the variegated combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely! I like the variegated and multicoloured threads, but it's not easy to find the right pattern, this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete