Saturday 11 February 2023

truant heart

Pin It now! The truancy continues, well at least on some days. On other days I am simply vegetating hoping to rouse myself. 

This time it is with two heart patterns shared by our clever and prolific designers - Ninetta Caruso and Daniela Galli.


Mother's Day Heart by Ninetta Caruso - 
This is a derivative from Endrucks' pattern #5. I worked it in Sanbest metallic.

Instead of the beaded strings, Ninetta left bare thread on both sides - a nice effect! In a conservative mood, I strung beads on the thread after all the tatting was completed.

Can't say I am too comfortable working with metallics ... for one thing, the front and back side are not clearly distinguishable.
Just one more pic, LOL.
The pattern which was first included in the main pdf for pattern #5, is now shared as a separate pdf and is one of the patterns in our #pickmeEndrucks Feb2023 event in our Endrucks 1920 Project FB group.

Albero dell'amore (Tree of Love) by Daniela Galli - 
This heart shape is so biologically correct, isn't it?! 
There were large colourful beads added to the rings, and I was going to sew them in, too. But ....
 
I love the overlapping Victorian set chains. I worked this 2-round deign in one pass by starting at the left and climbing out with a split ring so that I could continue around with a 3rd round ...

Not willing to distract from the effect, I avoided the large beads. 
Instead, I added another round of chains to the top half, with seed beads ....

And this is what came of it - the biological shape ensconced in a stylized iconic heart shape.

Worked in Anchor size 20 (equivalent to Lizbeth size 10), it turned out kinda large.
This pattern was shared by Daniela Galli in an event in their Chiacchierino: Filo, Amore e Fantasia FB group.

I thoroughly enjoyed working on both hearts, and hope the designers don't mind my tweaks. And both hearts are quick tats, beads notwithstanding!

💗Grazie mille per questi meravigliosi schemi, Daniela and Ninetta 💗

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful tatting! Thank you 💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be interesting to use colour to emphasize the tree of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, Jane, and some of the ladies did it with gorgeous effect. 🤩 I had to go and be different 😁🤣🧡

      Delete
  3. Piękne serca- i wzory i ich wykonanie:) pozdrawiam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Renata 😍 I am enjoying your latest anaram and other games - what a talented group you are 💕

      Delete
  4. The hearts are lovely! I bet the designers wouldn't mind your tweaks. We all add our own touch to what we make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right of course, Lavinia 😍 Both designers are fun friends and so inspiring! 💕

      Delete
  5. The hearts are lovely, sorry its a late comment but you know I have been away, just got to get back into the project work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margaret, always happy to hear from you late or not 💕😍

      Delete
  6. Beautiful and interesting hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Anetta 💕 I am admiring and enjoying your journey back to tatting very much 😍

      Delete