Monday 27 June 2022

just for kicks and koels

Pin It now!

 I find myself mired, happily enough, in several tasks and commitments some with a definite deadline. It means that even though I've  been taking pics to share, and collecting patterns to share, blogging might have to take a backseat for a few weeks. I certainly hope there will be a few hours to spare once in a while to publish a post.

Pausing with a few quick shots ....

I don't like to throw away pruned twigs. This morning, when I snipped off a few overgrown shoots from our ficus plant, I put them in a little pot of water. Let's see how long they last.
And I stuck the Happy Hands Daffodil to brighten the greens 😄

Remember I told you how hubby has taken to displaying my lacework? These are a few on the dining table. There are a few more under the bowls. I took this pic over a week back, without proper lighting.

Same day same time, but a slightly different angle. I'm sure you can identify a few of them? 

Over a week back, while exercising in the morning, a female Koel alighted on the tree in front of our balcony. The plumage and beautiful mottled grey feathers were on full display and quite majestic. Unfortunately by the time I went in and brought out the phone, she had shifted. However, she was joined by a male.
I tried to take a good pic, but my skills are sorely lacking.
And in this video, my hands were shaking. 

Last year, we enjoyed the antics of a courting couple! The female would call, the male would approach, the female would hop on to another branch! This ritualistic dance step repeated several times and finally the female flew away leaving a desolate male behind. 

💗💖💗

8 comments:

  1. Birds are not easy to photograph, especially with the light behind them. We have little bronze manikins who come to a feeder near our veranda. I’d so like to capture them in a photo, but it’s hopeless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Googled manikins, and they are gorgeous! I see parakeets, barbets, sunbirds, babblers, common myna, pariah kites, bulbuls, occasional crow & treepie, etc. No sparrows any more. No kingfisher & coucal either. It's fun to have flitting company in the morning 😁🤩

      Delete
  2. The ficus shoots look so pretty in that vase with the tatted flower! I'm not sure if this is a real possibility, but maybe they will grow roots eventually?
    Your hubby is certainly proud of your tatting, so nice! My mom also has a doily i made for her on display.
    Interesting birds you have there. I hope this year's couple gets along better than the previous one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, the ficus shoots did not shoot roots, Lavi 😒 I used to have money plant twigs that grew roots easily, though.
      This is a new hobby for hubby 😜 Now almost every room has some doily/snowflake/coasters. I'm not complaining coz he's doing the dusting 🤩

      Delete
  3. What a fabulous way to display your tatting and to brighten up a clear table top!! :)
    ~Sue(Tatting Lace in Grace)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does cheer up the flat surfaces and he keeps shuffling them around, Sue.🤩 The Gooseberry doily looks really spectacular with the yellow rings standing out.

      Delete
  4. How entertaining. Loved seeing your glass topped table with tatting samples on it. Loved seeing your birds and enjoying them with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to hubby for the display, Anita 🥰 Wish they were cooing when I captured the birds 😍

      Delete