Monday 30 May 2022

indulging my vanity

Pin It now!

 I've taken a mini break from Endrucks' tatting to work on another hair net bun for myself. This time I've chosen warm colours and Erika Tashiro's Gooseberry tree doily. The pattern is from her book "Tatting Lace, Marmelo".

These are the first 3 rounds, in Anchor Pearl Cotton size 8. I am following Erika's colour placement, however instead of green I chose black to match my dress. 

The diameter so far is 9.5cms. I have already started round 4.
I truly wish my stitches and overall look were as perfect as the designer's. Nevertheless, my enjoyment and the usefulness of this piece far outweigh any small regrets, LOL.

10 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful. I’d like to see the finished article in action as a hair net.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's see if I can take a pic when I finish, Jane, but don't be horrified 🤣😁😀

      Delete
  2. I don't think you should disconsider your work, it looks flawless to me. I think it will make a very elegant hair net!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do find that Lizbeth threads are much more photogenic than perle cotton, Lavi 😀 However when one has to keep looking at the perfect specimen in the book and compare, it does fall short. 😁

      Delete
  3. It's beautiful! I hope you will model it for us when it is finished.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it doesn't scare you off, I'll try to upload a photo of the net in action, Stephanie 🤣😁🧡

      Delete
  4. hmmmm....are you sure the photograph in the book hasn't been Photoshopped to be perfect? I steadfastly refuse to edit my photos for my blog. I'll crop them and reduce the file size, but nothin' else. Perhaps if I ever do a book or magazine article, but I feel my blog should be "real" so students can have the courage to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have her tatted Lotus motif she sent with the book, and can attest the work is pristine and perfect in every which way, Mel 😍
      Like you, I don't photoshop. And share mistakes and all. I do sometimes brighten the image, though.
      I have reached my limit of stitch excellence and cannot reach perfection 😁

      Delete
  5. Fabulous!! :)
    ~Sue(Tatting Lace in Grace)

    ReplyDelete