Sunday 28 July 2024

tadaaaaa

Pin It now!
 

The versatile E43 3D flower had been finished and waiting on my bedside cabinet for at least a week now. Yet it was only the night before last that I finally took pics and also shot a short video. I will share the detailed pattern (the tweaks) in a future post. Here I want to celebrate its beauty, though it still looks so much better in real.

The video to get a true feel of the flower from all angles - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gVlbyRb57Q5JKbBBTFt4-k9Iyl2kbwzi/view

After completing the three petals as shown here (https://tipsaroundthehome.blogspot.com/2024/07/so-many.html) I chose metallic thread and random beads to tat Josephine chain stamens. Many of the threads were short leftover lengths. Metallic thread combined with the spiral chain inherently make the tatted stamens stiff and stand up straight.

The stamens were inserted through the center of the flower, without any need to hide ends.

Calyx for the flower is also partially derived from the E43 motif. After the sepals, I continued with a 4-ring rosette to give the structure a conical 3D shape which could fit under the flower.
I used Catherine Wheel Join on the long sepals.

Here's how the calyx looks from behind. The entire flower does not need stiffening. However I did add a bit of diluted glue to the sepals solely because they were inserting themselves through the petals and it was difficult to take a pic.

All tails from the above insertions and an extra length of doubled up size 10 thread was used to make the stem. Here again I used a spiral chain, encapsulating all the tails and snipping them off at different points.
This is how the flower looks from another angle. 
Hubby loves it and one morning he actually thought a butterfly was perched on my cabinet!

If only I could get better shots. Thankfully the video shows it better.
Of the many I have designed, to date this is my largest tatted 3D flower, and worked in perle size 8!

Again from the top. Single petal (with Victorian sets) was shared here - https://tipsaroundthehome.blogspot.com/2024/07/what-heart-wants.html 

And one more. The petals can be tatted in one pass.

As stated before, this is derived and adapted from the E43 pattern from Eleonore Endrucks' 1920 book,
Die Schiffchen-Spitzen, reworked by Maria Grazia and Ninetta Carusohttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1JRu7OggaSna0eXDRA2P18dRu6uE4-1J7/view  and next month I will share my modifications/additions.
🌷🌺🌷🌺🌷

This flower is also my submission for the PICOT BINGO hosted by Natalie Rogers. It's been a while since I entered anything here, and I take this opportunity to cover 4 boxes in one strike -
💥Tat a Flora, 💥Josephine Chain, 💥Catherine Wheel Join, 💥Victorian Sets.
I left out Add Beads for another time.
This game can be played till the end of the year and details of the game are here - https://www.patreon.com/posts/picot-bingo-95729145?
🌷🌺🌷🌺🌷

And also submitting for the monthly SMALL DECORATIONS game hosted by splocik, the details of which can be found here - https://splocik2.blogspot.com/2024/01/mae-dekoracje-galeria-grudniowa.html. Do take a look at the June entries from several talented participants in a range of crafts here - https://splocik2.blogspot.com/2024/07/male-dekoracja-galeria-czerwcowa.html

🌷🌺🌷🌺🌷

18 comments:

  1. So pretty! You could probably make a multi-layered flower, too, if you had the time. Might have to leave some space between petals OR overlap either the inner layer or the outer layer to make it work, but I am imagining something like a layered tulip. You have created a beautiful flower. I am eager to see what variations spring from this one. We might have a whole garden of gorgeous tatted flowers!
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right, Steph, and I enumerated several possibilities in my earlier post. Hopefully somebody will take it up to play around. 🌷🌷🌷

      Delete
  2. Fabulous, fabulous! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastyczny kwiat, bardzo mi się podoba. :)
    Twój link i fotka znajdą się w podsumowaniu lipca.
    Miło mi, że bawisz się u mnie. :)
    Pozdrawiam ciepło.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, splocik. I have already started the next submission, LOL. 🌷🌷🌷

      Delete
  4. Love the effect of 3d flower and that your hubby thought there was a butterfly on your desk, how cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a heap, Anonymous. It was funny coz he had already seen the flower the previous night, LOL 🌷🌷🌷

      Delete
  5. Coś pięknego!! podziwiam i pozdrawiam:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This flower is amazing 🥰 I love it! You're a great designer 🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All credit to Frau Endrucks, Nin. 🌷🌷🌷

      Delete
  7. Fabulous flower, I love it and a great design, thank you for your lovely comment on my blog the other day

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks beautiful! I love the 3D look!!!

    ReplyDelete