Friday 6 January 2023

tat-along doily

Pin It now!
Our new game in the Endrucks 1920 Project FB group has started. This time it's a tat-along of the cover doily. We are following Reiko Akamatsu's reworking of the original. And we are sharing 2 options. I am tatting it in 2 or more colours without climbing out. Ninetta is working it in one-pass using split chains, etc. to climb out. Of course Frau Endrucks herself tatted it in one pass using shadow/extra chains to climb out.

Tat-along of endrucks' cover doily #TALmeEndrucks jan2023 
Part 1 - Rounds A,B,C. I used the measured mock/inward picot to climb out of the central ring which can be tatted as a true ring or a mock ring.
Interestingly, this is the only pattern where Endrucks starts with a chain (aka mock ring)!!! Hadn't noticed it before. There is always something new cropping up.

Actually this was my 1st attempt where I used false ctm to climb out of the central blue ring. I kept the blue on the shuttle and continued with green ball. So not happy with the work which becomes even more glaring in the pic. 
PART 2 - Rounds D,E.  This is where the difference between individual rounds and continuous tatting emerge. Details are in the notes in the Part 2 pdf.
I tried Frivole's Ending on a Chain to avoid hiding ends but the thread broke and I had to start over.

Tatting as separate rounds gives us the freedom to increase our colour palette. Both rounds can be tatted with one shuttle and ball, including block tatting.

I am going for a peacock rendition, hence the choice of these colours. I chose size 40 and this time all 3 colours I used are from different brands! Green - Swati; Purple - Anchor; Blue - Gopal.

Doesn't the top make a nice little basket?! Would love to tat it separately and fill it with flowers. 

All links in the top right panel of my blog. You are welcome to participate. 


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous!!! :) I love the all green "flower"!!! :)
    I can't wait to see how this ends up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, Sue 😁🧡 I don't have all the colours in place yet. Will wait to see how it develops

      Delete