Thursday 23 December 2021

rose in my heart

Pin It now!
tatted by Jeanie 
https://tipsaroundthehome.blogspot.com/2019/12/hidden-treasures.html

 I woke up to devastating news this morning. Who knew that the angels I posted yesterday would see my own friend joining them. 

Jeanie was a very special friend. So many tatters have touched my life in various degrees during the last 8 years, but she was 1 of only 5 tatting cyber friends after whom even my hubby asked periodically. 

She approached me around 5 or 6 years back with some questions and it was always such a pleasure to discuss and debate tatting with her. She wouldn't rest till she understood the concept or principle, and never shied from questioning, learning, improving, perfecting. Boundless curiosity and positivity. The true hallmark of a good teacher.

A septuagenarian with a dream, a mission and despite whatever snags life threw at her, she never flinched and carried on relentlessly. I feel honored that she included me in her dream to publish a tatting manual-dictionary. She had worked on her book for 7 years when she emailed a digital copy for review and course-correction, if any. Oh, we had some spectacular discussions with mutual benefits. 

Graceful through all her ordeals during recent years, which set back her book and limited our conversations (she always came first, though), she still worked on it daily as much as she could. Tenacious and persistent, yet with a strong streak of perfectionism. She wanted her book to include the latest in tatting knowledge, and reflect her best possible ability, to fill in the lacuna in our tatting world where terms and definitions are often confusing or missing.

Self-effacing! She never bragged about her accomplishments. Whatever glimpses I got of positions she held or chaired or tutored, were when my search for something else threw up a reference to her.  Despite all her  experience and expertise, she was graciously willing to concede if/when she was 'wrong' and change accordingly. 

The last I heard from her was a short update about herself, knowing that I would worry if the silence latest too long. Even in the most dire times, I never detected any note of complaint - she was always like a warrior on the field. And a week back I found something to extend one of our discussions, and was thrilled to email it to her. I doubt now whether she got a chance to read it.

There is so much my heavy heart, with moist eyes, can continue to write about her. I will miss this sweet, strong lady tremendously. A true angel on earth who taught me many life lessons, my husband joins me in sending heartfelt condolences to her bereaved family and friends. 

May she continue to tat with the angels.

12 comments:

  1. A beautiful tribute to her. Beautiful tatting too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear you have lost a friend. What a wonderful tribute to her.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. May God comfort you and bring you joy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ❤ Sorry dear, this is a touching post. There's a saying that goes like: people never die as long as someone remembers them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that thought, Nin, thank you🌹 Jeanie was my senior in age and experience, yet never let it show....always made me feel like the teacher and she a student.

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry ... May she rest in peace among the angels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Elena 🌹 I am going to miss not seeing her name in my inbox, but an thankful for the time we did get❤

      Delete
  6. I am so sorry for your loss! Such wonderful friends leave our life forever changed. This is a beautiful eulogy, may her work and mission continue on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Emily, for your beautiful sentiments 🌹❤🌹

      Delete