Monday 26 April 2021

blossoms necklace

Pin It now! I can't remember when I last picked my shuttles! I did do a bit of Easter tatting, but the cute motifs are still not blocked/shaped, sigh. Not that I've been tat-idle, but it's mostly behind-the-scenes computer-work.

Nevertheless there is more than enough inspiration and eye-candy to admire and it satiates my tat-thirst to a large extent. For instance this gorgeous necklace adaptation by Daniela Galli inspired by the Blossoms motifs I posted last time.
This Sanblest metallic thread gives such a lovely effect and is quite popular for tatted jewellery. The Chiacchierino group is certainly belting out beautiful work using different shades of this thread.  
This is how it looks without the beads and findings. I love the length and one-pass tatting using 2 shuttles and climbing out with split rings. 
There is no limit to how far one can go with this semi-freeform motif if worked in one colour and 2 shuttles, or by joining individual single-shuttle motifs with a wider colour palette.

I would've preferred a bit more curvature to the floral spray, but that has been creatively addressed in this asymmetric Josephine chain! Bellissima!!!
This could make an elegant bracelet as well!

Yet another example of Daniela's creative mind and hands! Grazie mille, amica 💛💜💛
That's about as much Italian as I know without using Google Translate, but you can find her on Facebook!

All Blossoms Motifs patterns are being listed under Nature 2D. Some day I hope to compile the entire cornucopia in a separate pdf file with written pattern as well.

8 comments:

  1. That does look wonderful! You have inspired so many of us. May your shuttles be always ready for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful wish, Mel, and we inspire each other - there is just so much creativity around 😍😊

      Delete
  2. Daniela was really inspired! The necklace is very pretty! And i'm sure she is not the only one you inspired! :) Those flower sprays are very versatile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lavi, I do know of one tatter who was working through each of the 'thieves' 😉😍

      Delete
  3. The thread gives such a different look to the floral sprays. A wonderful development of your pattern!

    ReplyDelete