Wednesday 28 April 2021

all rounded up

Pin It now!

Alibaba took all of 7 months to round up all the 40 thieves but their notoriety knew no bounds! Imagine his surprise to find one more lurking around - their leader no less. And this 41st one was an illusionist - seemingly appearing as his own reflection. Hmmm, what a dilemma - which one was the flesh and blood version?! But our hero managed to crack the mirror and nab him in a trice!

Patterns for these 6 final motifs are below. But they gather together to create a few more larger pieces that will be showcased in the next post before the final reveal. Since I've already inked April on the former, I will have to post them before the start of May. So please don't get bored as the story continues ....

Worked in Lizbeth size 20, single shuttle. My previous posts have more details and I will give an overall round-up in next post. You can find all Blossoms patterns listed under Nature 2D here.

Blossoms Motif #36  
<2½ × 1¼

 
The reason I added a joining picot between a petal segment is because the next flower can have a free picot and also a bit of layered effect. This was not done in earlier motifs.

Blossoms Motif #37  
2½ × 1¼

 

Blossoms Motif #38  
2¾ × 1¼

 
Why should all leaves remain at a level with the rest of the spray? I joined the leaves above a flower in a few motifs. Here I made a leaf under the spray for a bit of a natural look.
See, I was getting bolder ;-D

Blossoms Motif #39  
2½ × < 1¼

 

Blossoms Motif #40 
2½ × 1¼

 


Blossoms Motif #41 
2 × 1¼

 
I found it extremely difficult to decide which way looked better. I finally chose the former and notated the stitch count below. 

So that's it folks as far as actual patterns go for this Blossoms Project. However, as I said above, the ideas continue and I invite you back in a couple of days to see Cornucopia #2 and the constraints under which Alibaba had to work.


7 comments:

  1. I am so intrigued by Ali Baba's story you weaved here and can't wait for the grand reveal! :) I also liked how you overlapped some of the petals and leaves, very good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High praise Indeed, coming from an actual and original fiction writer! Thanks, Lavi 💗💝 Working on so many motifs made me more adventurous than I was at the start 😉😄

      Delete
  2. I love the colors you've used. They're so full of joy and cheer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are, Diane! They invariably brought a smile to my lips while I had them 💖💐💖

      Delete
  3. I always love your flower "gardens"!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are the only gardens accessible to me, Sue 😉💐😃

      Delete