for 2016 Snowflake Tat-along on Craftree
- Started with a SCMR instead of a regular ring. I think it is Frivole’s tip that SCMR gives a more rounded ring than normal/regular rings which tend to become tear-drop shaped.
- Because of SCMR, entire tatting was done from the frontside.
- Make the 1st picot of chains even longer (~ 2DS span)
- Reduce the stitch count of smallest thrown ring by 1DS
- Mock picots added at base of thrown rings to mirror the picots on other side, thus achieving complete symmetry.
- Picots on the extreme rings were decorative & graduated.
- Kept the chains loosely tensioned to mold into shape before blocking.
|the negative space can be converted into a paisley !|
The lop-sidedness/unevenness of chains have given me an idea of how to change the shape deliberately to get a slight paisley effect negative space, instead of the big tear-drop, as can be seen in the pic above.