Thursday 9 April 2020

lighter than a feather

Pin It now!
My tada moment is a bit clouded….
I love how light this 3-round doily is in size 80; I love the design; I love the colours; I loved tatting it; and I even love how neat my stitches are. But it did not come out as I’d visualized it. The rounds appear distinct, not flowing gradually into one another.
This is Daniela Mendola’s Tatting Sharing Rewind Version 2
Tatted with Lizbeth size 80 threads.

Round 1 – 2 shuttles : Tropical Punch (132) in Sh1 and Leafy Green (138) in Sh2.
I’ve already shared my experience here, along with Round 1 notes here, including where to start if one wants to climb out to next round.
The round moves clockwise. 
It is 4cms in diameter.

Round 2 - Ball and shuttle, ctm. Azalea lt (629).
This simple rings and chains round moves counterclockwise.
Now this is where I should have used Tropical Punch for the chains, so that it leads better into the next colourway. Oh well, learn as you go.
8 cms in diameter.

Round 3 – 2 shuttles, ctm : Falling Leaves (100).
Starting with the inner ring, I moved counterclockwise, with chains and thrown ring tatted backside.
10 cms in diameter.

Any ideas how I can use this? Did I tell you how light this is?!!! Oh well, you already know – It is I who am late to this experience. Even a size 40 seems heavy now.

Waiting eagerly for a group photo of all her Tatting Sharing doily versions....

Many thanks, Daniela, for such a wonderful collection of patterns.
And to my secret donor !

22 comments:

  1. It’s really dainty and beautiful. I see that the colours don’t flow into each other, but that’s not a fatal flaw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are kind, Jane 😉😍💗 Colours aside, I'm happy with my tatting 😃

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I love the lace tatted in size 80 of even thinner 😍 it looks like a beautiful coloured flower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flower shape immediately attracted me, Ninetta :-D But now I don't know how to use it ;-P

      Delete
  3. Beautifully done! I'm guessing you'll tat another to get the color flow you're looking for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not in the near future, Diane - so much pending stuff to complete ;-P

      Delete
  4. Your work is beautiful as always! So lovely!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous and so pretty!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do love variegated colourways, Sue ;-D

      Delete

  6. All summer in the same doily; spring light green and falling leaves, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How true, Marja !!! And flourishing cherry blossoms, too :-D

      Delete
  7. Cudna :)
    Pozdrawiam ciepło.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful doily, its on my to do list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be looking forward to your colour palette, Margaret :-)))

      Delete
  9. Przepiękna serwetka 😍
    Serdecznie pozdrawiam.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes our imagination can deter us from enjoying what we have done. I love the colors even if they don't blend. The outer round makes me think of a sunset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your imagination, Emily - you always bring in a fresh perspective! :-))

      Delete
  11. Beautiful doily! What if you had gone back to Tropical Punch for the outer round? I predict a better colour blend, but not as much punch...

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You pack in quite a punch, thanks, Grace 😃💕

      Delete