This is a name I gave the broad lace when I used the variegated red thread & the central flower looked like a beautiful Gerbera !
It is the 2nd time I tatted this lace. The first time was way back in early 1990s ! It was in all-white size 20 & looked pristine ! Gifted to my sis, my Mom quickly sewed a white skirt with this lace hemmed around. It looked gorgeous, even though I say so myself ;-P Very feminine, very exquisite ! Unfortunately, no pic ;-((
This time, I wanted to play with colours, except that it went quite wrong. I should’ve used lighter shades around the main flower, to bring out the pattern & highlight the various rows. Excuse to tat it a 3rd time ;-P
The pattern was published in a magazine “Chic” Vol 7 #11. Pattern # 7(11)01307 – W567
The current version was tatted in 2013 (except for one repeat each, earlier this year); this time for sleeves . If I was doing it now, I would try to use more modern techniques so that tatting little pieces could be avoided . Less of cut & tie & hide ends ;-))
I did incorporate a few techniques, but nothing major … have posted about them in earlier tips. Many that I used in Renulek’s Wiosna here, found their way in the additional repeats.
But I like the pattern Very much & any excuse will do to tat it again, with a better colour scheme or in white. And maybe in size 40 this time !
Threads Used :
Anchor Mercer Crochet Cotton Size 20.
-- Red w/ Black (variegated) : 4054-1206
-- Maroon : 4054-022
Red Heart Size 20.
Flower Medallion/Tile : 2¾” wide
With maroon edgings : 3½” wide
With black edgings : 4” wide
9 repeats of pattern : 18” long.
Some rows seem to pucker slightly while tatting. A quick iron after completion, evens that out & lays it flat.
The black Red Heart thread was a Pain ! It was too stiff (almost cutting into my fingers), & varied in thickness from the maroons. Even the little black flowers were horrible to tat .
That's it for the present, although lots to share once the weather settles down a bit ....
happy tatting :-)))
Related Posts : parallel tracks