Saturday 9 December 2017

whizzing past

Pin It now!
I wanted to share the next few rounds of Agnieszka’s Doily #10 (zabawa pikotek) together in one post. But Round 7 may take a while because I’m busy with a pictorial and don't want to lose focus. So might as well get this off my list.

I returned to dot picots for 6th round. A ‘repeat’ of the 2nd round.
Surprisingly, even with all that switching between shuttles for dot picots the round went smoothly and quickly.
I tried to make the dot picots mock rings (SCMR) instead of thrown rings, to avoid switching shuttles But the latter was easier and came out better for me. Moreover, I kind of got into the rhythm and didn't mind at all. 

In Anchor size 40, it now measures 8” or 20½ cms.

Next round is again flowers. 
Carollyn suggested different colour for the center of the flowers. I've been thinking of interspersing all pinks with a cream center to avoid an overload of pink. Think it will work???

Check out Frywolaga's latest post. The invitation is open till the end of the month. I think it's a cool way to begin designing. With the pattern all laid out, and no trials/tribulations for stitch count, etc. all one needs is to play with the picot and create our own version!

Don’t you love when the day’s tatting & designing is stress-free and relaxing!


Related posts

8 comments:

  1. I love it!!! The design is so pretty!!! :)
    It would be great to see each participant's doily to see the differences each person comes up with. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue :-) So far only 2 bloggers have shared their progress, but there may more participants on facebook. Yes, it would be nice to see the variations :-) Agnieszka's own picot version is in the 2nd link in my post.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, Jenn, a lovely design motivates tatting :-) I'm thankful to the designer for sharing.

      Delete
  3. Must the flowers be pink? I think cream centre would work well. Link with this row too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, I tried cream center and pink petals. They look lovely. I now have to decide whether I want them all around or alternate with all pink. I think the former.

      Delete
  4. Your choice of picots and colors make the doily so interesting! Well done.

    ReplyDelete