Thursday 23 February 2017

there's a new ...

Pin It now!
blogger in town ! 
Remember the 'new project' I mentioned in a recent post ? Well, this is it :-D

Please join me in welcoming a tatter, designer, experimenter, and much more ....
Heeeeeere's .... drumroll please ...

Usha
the head and hand behind 


She's been around for a while. I first noticed her lovely tatted rakhis (bracelets, kind of) on InTatters. Then we followed each other on Pinterest.  She makes a rare appearance on Craftree. Our correspondence never really took off, till a couple of weeks back. 
We are losing many of our bloggers to Facebook. Here's a tatter who comes from Facebook :-) She has shared some beautiful tatting and applications there, and let's hope she will soon share them all on her blog.

One example is her Dot Picot Motif that I had the privilege to tat. It is not as lovely as her original, and even has an extra picot on one of the chains, so I'll fall back on a foggy flu-ridden head and slow hands (not an excuse, incidentally) ;-P

What is a dot picot, you ask ? Let's head over to her blog where she shares the entire pattern in her first post, with a promise of many more to come :-)

I love the decorative density of the dot picots - it provides interest,  highlight,  and texture. They got better, more manageable,  as I tatted.

TIP : When closing the dot picot ring, I found that the core thread should be pulled straight for smooth closure in one fluid movement,  unlike when closing regular rings.
Also, use a smooth, tightly spun tatting thread. Perle cotton may resist closure.

She is still a bit diffident. So let's all welcome her to our warm supportive blogging TatLand :-) Do stop by her blog and say hello

happy tatting always :-)


Did this post read like an ad or promo ? It kinda is ; but friendly, not materially ;-P Probably a fallback of the notification flashing on my blogger dashboard, informing me that my acvount now qualifies for an AdSense fast-tracking with an amount thrown in (it could buy a dizen balls of Anchor Mercer Every Month ! ) ;-D Ain't gonna happen !

16 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing this new blogger!
    I follow your blog every day and now I will follow also hers
    Thank you for sharing your patterns, I'm now tatting my second heart block bracelet. It is a very nice pattern and I love to tat it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria ! Happy to know you are enjoying the bracelet pattern :-)
      Now I can happily say that the heart to heart to heart to ... truly did become a meeting of hearts with both Usha and you becoming visible :-)

      Delete
  2. Thanks, I've added her to my blog list. I am always looking for new tatting blogs to follow but sometimes they can be hard to find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin, I have 'poached' many a blog from yours ;-P

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much Muskaan for introducing in such a wonderful way!!! ☺️ happy to learn that Maria n Robin will follow me too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray another tatting blog! You are so good at sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Michelle, I thought you had lost your way here ;-P Hope you're doing well.

      Delete
  5. I love meeting new bloggers! Thank you for sharing the link! I hope you recover from the flu soon... nasty stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you did a great job on her design!! :)
    I hope you are feeling better soon!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A new blogger I will follow your link when I have finished this comment.
    Lovely design and if that's the beginning then there will be interesting times to come
    Hope you are getting better

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bracelets are great! I' m not one for tatted jewellry, but might just tat one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Diane, Sue, Margaret, & Fox . We can never get enough of tatting ;-P
    Eager to see your version, Fox, whenever you get into the mood :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for telling us about this. Added her to my blog list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Muskaan - It's been awhile!

    Thanks for introducing us to your new blogger friend. I'll have to contact her as I'll want to add her blog to my site ;-)

    Hope you are well.. I've been so out of touch with the whole tatting lately :(

    Looks like I've got a lot of reading to do.. And looking forward to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Tim & Susan :-) It's so nice to see you again, Susan !!!

    I am so gratified by the enthusiastic response of the tatting community to a new blogger :-) Way to go !

    ReplyDelete